The 2016 Forum on Population Health Equity, hosted by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health with generous support from the Aetna Foundation, will take place October 18-19, 2016.
2016 Forum on Population Health Equity
- October 17, 2016 - October 18, 2016
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Pre-registration required?
- Registration closed?
The 2016 Forum on Population Health Equity, hosted by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health with generous support from the Aetna Foundation, will take place October 18-19, 2016, at the Joseph B. Martin Conference Center, located at 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, in the Longwood Medical Area, of Boston, MA.
Don't miss this year's meeting featuring keynote sessions by Dr. Jeffrey Brenner, who will discuss "Hot-Spotting: Using Big Data for Health Equity" and Dr. Kathryn Edin, who will address "The New Poverty: Living on Less Than $2/day in America." Attendees also will hear Dr. Nancy Krieger share her latest health equity research, as well as engage with panels:
- Social Network Interventions to Address Health Equity, with Dr. Andrew Papachristos on social networks and gun violence; Dr. Thomas Valente on leveraging social networks for health promotion; and Dr. J.P. Onnela on social networks and population health.
- Housing, Neighborhoods, and Social Mobility, with Dr. Theresa Osypuk on residential mobility and health; Atheendar Venkataramani on economic mobility and population health; and Mariana Arcaya on housing foreclosures and and population health
In addition to the conference, there will be special, free pre-conference nano courses on October 17, 2016 covering the following:
- Physical Activity and Health - Dr. Dario Novak
- Conceptualization, Measurement, and Population Health Strategies Addressing Racial/Ethnic Discrimination and Health - Drs. Sze (Sam) Y. Liu, PhD and Kellee White, PhD
- Neighborhoods and Health - Drs. Roman Pabayo and Toby Datta
- Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease - Dr. Monik Jimenez
- Using Maps and Geospatial Technology to Enhance Your Manuscript - Dr. Yusuf Ransome
A sixth course is in development and will be announced soon.
Register for the Nano Courses AND/OR the 2016 Forum on Population Health Equity here:
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
Please note: Registration for each Nano Course is limited, so sign up early. You may be assigned to a different course due to constraints on meeting space. Once you complete the registration form, you will be redirected to a registration confirmation page. A confirmation e-mail will be sent soon afterward.